Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Manufacturer’s deficient service


It was in 1970’s when I was working as Refractionist at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi that my orthoptist colleague mentioned about the ordeal faced by her in neither getting the Synoptophore ordered by her nor getting the amount back that she had long ago paid as advance to a manufacturer of ophthalmic instruments. On my writing to the supplier, as editor of Optometry Today, about his comments on the complaint within a specified period of time, the advance-amount was paid back instantly, but the regular advertising in OT was also cancelled. Not only this, one fine morning, there was a sarcastic call to the effect: “Congratulations, your name is being considered for `Padmashree’ award”. I admit, I don’t have a Godfather who could work towards my getting the prestigious national award, but I do know that my self-less service to eye care profession, trade and industry in India has surely earned me friends not only from within the country but also from around the world, and Optometry Today, too, has earned a respectable name.

Dr. Narendra Kumar

1 comment:

Sabaleplus said...

que rubiona eh ? ju ju
http://www.sabaleplus.blogspot.com/